school Values AND VISION
The children remember our school values by the acronym FREDICE
We “Learn like Champions” and we promote:
Be caring and loyal.
Friends are always there for you when you need them.
Treat people the way you want to be treated.
Celebrate the differences!
Treat people fairly and difference is good – it doesn’t matter about size, shape, looks and beliefs.
Treat every living creature equally from the miniature ant to the proud lion.
Never give up.
If you get knocked back, you get back up.
Reach for the stars.
Not only will you be inspired but you will inspire others!
Just do it even if you are scared.
Everyone has fears – If you face them, they will shrink away.
Do even better than your best.
It’s greater than you even imagined you could do.
“The Worsley Mesnes Way is a special way for me.
The Worsley Mesnes Way is the whole school, how the children act, our rules, the school values and even the teachers.
Without everybody and everything, the Worsley Mesnes Way wouldn’t exist.” Year 6 Pupil
School vision for Worsley Mesnes Community Primary School
A school where:
- Children understand that our school values of Respect, Friendship, Inspiration, Equality, Courage, Excellence, and Determination combined with our Worsley Mesnes Way are for school and life. They will have ambition and be prepared for the next steps in their journey.
- Everyone will have experiences that enhance their learning so that they achieve more than they thought possible.
- All of our school community matter and are included in a welcoming, happy and safe environment.
- We aim to develop caring, considerate and tolerant children with a sense of pride and personal responsibility.
- We are all committed to developing enquiring and curious minds with a lifetime love of learning with a growth mindset, willingness to tackle any challenge and ownership of their learning.
- Communication is strong and outstanding relationships with parents/carers are developed.